• Approved the purchase of two desktop computers as quoted from Kemper Technology Consulting in the amount $1822.42 for the Water Treatment Plant (WTP).
• Authorized the MIOX technician repair Unit 3 on site at the Water Treatment Plant (WTP) in the approximate amount of $3750.
• In two separate motions, approved replacing Waste Water Treatment Plant (WWTP) influent pumps number one through four from Weir Specialty Pumps with the amount totaling $105,208, or $26,302 each.
Mayor Billy McDaniel noted the Pump Number 4 has been at the plant for a six-month trial run “to make sure this was going to take care of the problem. If it does work the way they say it’s going to work, it’s going to save us about $400,000 in our WWTP by not having to do extra work to get these pumps the way they should be to meet EPA standards. These new pumps will pump about four times what the old pumps did. Every pump we had down there was pumping overtime. With this, we don’t have to utilize all four pumps. We replace pumps quite often but these have held up with the test so we’ll save a tremendous amount of money.”
• Approved the purchase of three 6-inch check valves for WWTP influent pumps number one through three for a total of $4800.
• Approved the removal of WWTP old influent pumps number one through three and the installation of their replacements, along with checking valves, from Parker Machine Shop for $4000 each, or $12,000 total.
• Approved the $7500 estimate from Russell Electric for the installation of one 1-inch conduit from the main control panel upstairs to the four pumps in pit at the WWTP.
-- To read the entire article online, please subscribe to the Planet's e-Edition --