Sticking to a short agenda, the Metropolis City Council met Monday approving the following items:
• The purchase of a holding tank for the sewer jetter from Coe Equipment in the amount of $4144.33.
• The purchase of insecticide for mosquito spraying in the amount of $23,080.50 from LD Supply.
• The purchase of a trailer from Little Tractor in the amount of $2500.
• Replacing the air curtain located above the City Hall front door for approximatley $2200.
• Appointing Dena Hopkins to the Library Board, replacing Irene Graman, who retired from the board earlier this year.
• The blanket purchase of sodium hypochlorite and sodium bisulfite for the Waste Water Treatment Plant (WWTP) in the amount of $90,000 from Brenntag. The vote passed 7-1 with Alderman Richard Corzine as the “nay” vote.
• The low quote as presented for WWTP biosolids hauling for five years — $30 a ton in 2013; $30.90 a ton in 2014; $31.83 a ton in 2015; $32.78 a ton in 2016; and $33.76 in 2017 — from Rick Lane.
• The blanket purchase of purchase polymer for the WWTP in the amount of $10,000 from S & S Industries. The vote passed 7-1 with Corzine against.
• And, the low quote of $14,647 from Bailey Construction to place metal siding on the back wall of the former United Cities Gas building.
The council also held the first reading of the ordinance Approving zoning regulations.
• Mayor Billy McDaniel announced the city’s annual Fall Clean Up will be held the week of Oct. 28.
• Trick-or-treating hours will be 5-8 p.m. Thursday inside the city limits.
• City hall will be closed on Monday, Nov. 11 for Veterans’ Day and again Thursday and Friday, Nov. 28-29, in observance of Thanksgiving.
• Also, due to Veterans’ Day, the council’s next meeting will be held Tuesday, Nov. 12.