This year’s theme is Christmas Stories. Entries should portray a Christmas movie or book.
The parade will begin at Washington Park — Third and Metropolis streets — turning right onto Ferry Street, turning left on Fifth Street, around Superman Square and end at Ninth and Market streets.
The Metropolis Chamber committee has established the following guidelines for the parade and judging:
• Every unit must be decorated using this year’s theme.
• Participants must be in place by 12:45 p.m.
• The Metropolis Rotary Club is the only unit allowed to have a Santa Claus.
• The application entry deadline is Friday for participants to be judged.
• The application must list a description of the entry.
There will be six categories: business float; youth organization float; community organization float; marching band; walking group; and church or religious float.
The alternate date in case of rain is Sunday, Dec. 2 at 1:30 p.m.
-- If you enjoyed reading this entire story online, you would enjoy a subscription to the Planet's e-Edition. Call 800-367-2818 today to order yours! --