Last week’s contract negotiations between Honeywell and United Steelworkers Local 7-669 members resulted with more talking and still no proposal.
The next negotiations are scheduled for Tuesday, Oct. 2 and Wednesday, Oct. 3, the first dates negotiators from both sides have available, according to Honeywell Spokesman Peter Dalpe.
John Paul Smith, United Steelworkers Local 7-669 spokesman, said Friday Honeywell would need more time to review the union’s proposal and would not respond.
“The Union made substantial moves Aug. 21, while preserving what the membership has mandated with hopes that Honeywell will give those proposals serious consideration,” said Smith. “The union remains committed to bargaining to reach a fair agreement.”
Honeywell locked out the union workforce earlier this month when the sides did not reach an agreement by midnight Aug. 1.
According to Honeywell’s statement on Friday, the company remains committed to bargaining in good faith toward an agreement that is fair to employees while also continuing to support the long-term competitiveness of the plant and its ability to provide high-paying jobs in the Metropolis area.
“Despite plant losses of $300 million over the past decade, Honeywell’s 2012-13 investment of more than $40 million to reinforce the plant against strong earthquakes and tornados and comply with post-Fukushima standards preserved 270 good jobs in Metropolis — including 134 union positions — that would have been lost otherwise,” Dalpe said.