Plans are being made for the 62nd annual Metropolis Christmas Parade, set for 1:30 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 7. This year’s theme is An Americana Christmas. Entries should reflect an all-American Christmas theme.
The parade will begin at Washington Park and end at Ninth and Market Streets.
The parade will start at Third and Metropolis streets, turning right onto Ferry Street, turning left on Fifth Street, around Superman Square and end at Ninth and Market streets.
The Metropolis Chamber committee has established the following guidelines for the parade and judging:
• Every unit must be decorated using this year’s theme
• Participants must be in place by 12:45 p.m.
• The Metropolis Rotary Club is the only unit allowed to have a Santa Claus.
• The application entry deadline is Friday, Nov. 15 for participants to be judged.
• The application must list a description of the entry.
• All entries must be child/family friendly. No weapons, real or fake, will be allowed.
There will be six categories: business float; youth float; community organization float; marching band; walking group; and church or religious float.
The alternate date in case of rain is Sunday, Dec. 8 at 1:30 p.m.
For more information, contact the Metropolis Chamber of Commerce at 524-2714.