Book for Hope, Inc. will host its 3rd annual Just Imagine Childhood Cancer Walk Saturday, Sept. 8 at Bob Noble Park, 2801 Park Ave., Paducah, Ky. 42001, shelter 16.
The walk will be held rain or shine. All activities and registration begin at 8 a.m. with the walk following at 9 a.m.
This year's walk will support two local families with children in a battle with cancer and childhood cancer research. This year's recipients are Ariel Burton, 5, from Livingston County and Jaiden Melander, 9, of Eddyville, Kentucky. Each will receive 25 percent of the proceeds with the other 50 percent of proceeds going to Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt designated to childhood cancer research.
The day kicks off with Tishauda Fitness Zumba at 8 a.m. along with yoga with Robin Foster from The Living Arts. The Majestic Sounds D, along with his photo booth props will also be on site.
The special guest speaker this year will be Jessica Meyer of Gallatin, Tennessee, known as "Positively Jessica," on social media.
Atmos Energy employees will be grilling hot dogs and hamburgers and Coca-Cola Bottling Mid-South Division in Paducah will provide sodas, Powerade and water. There will also be cotton candy, snow cones and Dippin' Dots.
Registration for adults (13 and older) is $20 and for children 12 and under the registration is $15.
To download a registration form go to www.bookforhope.org
- Trial set in case against former Paducah restaurant owner
- Three new coronavirus-related deaths confirmed in Marshall County
- Massac County Courthouse offices are under the same roof again
- Katherine 'Kathy' Martin
- Vistra Joppa closure 'will impact entire communities'
- Coffee talk sparks cleanup of I-24 ramps
- Stanley Kruger
- Two Massac grads selected for SI Bridges program
- Rodney L. Kotter
- State: COVID-19 mitigations take effect Thursday