Deming named to Ole Miss dean's honor roll
OXFORD, Miss. — Brittany Deming, of Metropolis, was named to the University of Mississippi's spring 2022 honor roll lists.
Deming, majoring in pharmaceutical sciences, was named to the dean's honor roll, which is reserved for students who earn a semester GPA of 3.50-3.74.
To be eligible for honor roll designation, a student must have completed at least 12 graded hours for the semester and may not be on academic probation during the semester.
The University of Mississippi, affectionately known as Ole Miss, is the state's flagship university. Its 16 academic divisions include a medical school, nationally recognized schools of accountancy, law and pharmacy, and an honors college.
SCC announces 2022 president’s, vice president’s lists
ULLIN — Shawnee Community College has announced its spring 2022 semester honors students. Full-time students whose grade point average is 3.5 or better and who are enrolled in an associate degree or certificate program are considered honor students.
The president’s list consists of students achieving a 4.0 GPA for the semester. Area students named to the list are:
• Belknap — Hope Pearcy.
• Brookport — Danielle Johnston and Dannielle Falter.
• Golconda — Ethan Parks.
• Grand Chain — Seth Jones, Christopher Maxwell and Jared Moses.
• Karnak — Gregory Corzine, Kalissa Cox, Elizabeth Gilbert, Kyonte Holder, Alexandria Painter and Kyler Reeves.
• Metropolis — Kathryn Batha, Ashley Daniels, Shannon Dassing, Jonathan Henley, Lauren Holzer, Autumn Jeffords and Aaron Melcher.
• Ullin — David Davis.
Students on the vice president’s list achieved a GPA between 3.5 and 3.9. Area students named to the list are:
• Belknap — Brianna Penrod and Carley Childress.
• Buncombe — Caleb Kaufman and Jonathon Nichols.
• Grand Chain — Sidney Gotway, Cody Jones and Travis Leathers.
• Joppa — Alisha McHaney.
• Karnak — Agustus Garner and Justin Moses.
• Metropolis — Kaiyah Adams, Brianne Diebold, Dya Jackson, Aaliyah Latham, MacKenzie Lott, Ethan Rottmann, Haylee Stepter, Gage Tilley and Sadez Velez.
• Ullin — Kylee VanMeter.
Korte graduates from Union
JACKSON, Tenn. — Six hundred and eleven students graduated from Union University in Jackson, Tennessee, during spring commencement services of the 197th graduating class at Oman Arena on Saturday, May 21.
Among the graduates is Emma Korte, of Metropolis, who received her bachelor of science degree in athletic training.
Sen. Ben Sasse of Nebraska delivered the commencement address.
"Don't believe the vanity that we are going to solve it all," Sasse told Union graduates. "Your work is important. But your work is not the means by which you will achieve status or meaning. Your work is the opportunity to live a life of gratitude to God, who has already given you all gifts by grace."