College students pursuing accounting degrees are invited to apply to the Illinois Certified Public Accounting (CPA) Society's Accounting Scholarship Program for the 2020-21 academic year. More than 40 scholarships of up to $4000 each will be awarded.
These scholarships support CPAs across the state and reward them for their hard work and success thus far. Applicants must be accounting students enrolled at Illinois colleges who demonstrate financial need, academic achievement and leadership qualities.
The available scholarships include:
• Illinois CPA Society Accounting Scholarships for seniors or graduate students
• Herman J. Neal Accounting Scholarships for African American juniors, seniors, or graduate students
• James A. Sikich Visionary Scholarships for seniors or graduate students
• Jovencio P. and Violeta R. Mangahas Accounting Scholarships for seniors or graduate students
• Women's Executive Committee Advancing Women in Accounting Scholarships for female seniors or graduate students
Students submit just one application and may apply to any or all scholarships for which they are eligible. The application deadline is Wednesday, April 1.
New this year, racial and ethnic minority high school seniors are invited to apply for Illinois CPA Society Freshman Scholarships. These scholarships aim to increase awareness of the accounting profession among minority students and prepare them for success in college and the profession. The application deadline is Friday, May 1.