The Illinois Fire Marshal's Office is investigating what caused the fire that destroyed Bob Harper Ford in Vienna on Friday night, Jan. 8. Vienna firefighters responded to the business about 7:30 p.m. and remained at the scene until 2:16 a.m. Saturday. It took almost two hours to get the blaze under control. According to Vienna Fire Chief Brent Williams, some 70 firefighters from 10 fire departments, including Goreville, Belknap and New Burnside, assisted. No injuries or damage to other businesses was reported. Located on East Vine Street, Bob Harper Ford has served the region for nearly four decades. The owners plan to be back in business soon.
- Vienna’s Dixon receives ISBE Those Who Excel Award
- COVID cancels Harris' 'once-in-a-lifetime opportunity'
- IDES preparing to administer new federal COVID-19 relief legislation
- Southern Seven Health Department launches COVID-19 Vaccine Registry
- Water survey to analyze flood risks in Massac County
- Metropolis issues two building permits in December
- Fire destroys Bob Harper Ford
- As COVID-19 vaccine arrives in region, Southern Seven launches interest survey
- Pamela Jo Welch
- WATCH NOW: Gov. Andy Beshear provides update on COVID-19