County Fire

n On Jan. 31, Massac County Fire Department was dispatched at 11:50 a.m. to 4233 Macedonia Church Rd. to a report of a alarm activation. The department arrived at 11:55 a.m. and it was determined to be an alarm malfunction. All units were back in service at 12:10 p.m.

n On Feb. 2, Massac County Fire Department was dispatched at 1:06 p.m. to 5215 Marion Rd. to the residence of Esther Emmons, to a report of a field fire. The department arrived on the scene at 1:26 p.m. Upon arrival, it was determined to be a trash or waste fire. The fire was extinguished, and all county units were back in service at 1:40 p.m.

n Also on Feb. 2 at 5:55 p.m. Massac County Fire Department was dispatched to 3060 Mick English Rd. to a report of a structure fire. The department arrived on the scene at 5:59 p.m. and was determined to be a livestock and poultry storage building, belonging to Jason Neeley, which was on fire. The firefighter extinguished the fire, and all units were back in service at 6:38 p.m.

City Fire

n During the past week the Metropolis Fire Department has responded to 21 medical emergency calls. In addition, the department was dispatched on Jan. 29 to the area of Third Street, on a report of a fire. Upon arrival, according to the department's report, a person was burning the insulation from copper wiring in a trash can in their garage. The department personnel were able to use a water fire extinguisher to put out the fire.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.