Hello. I can't believe it's August already. I hope you kids are ready for your "big day." I can remember I couldn't wait to see all my friends I hadn't seen all summer. Here are some folks having birthdays in the next few days: JoEllen Milligan, Aug. 17; Jeff Duke, Aug. 18; Cathy Short Jones, Aug. 19; David Miller, Aug. 20; and Lucus Jones, Aug. 21.
Prayers are sent to the family of Jason Cross who passed away last week. He was a sweet guy and always had a smile. He will be sadly missed.
Happy 23rd anniversary wishes are sent to Tiffany and Josh Reagor last week.
Century High School 2019 fall baseball season is about to start.
Here is a list of home games that you might want to attend. All games start at 4:30 p.m., unless otherwise noted:
• Saturday, Aug. 31: two games as 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. As of now, do not know who they play.
• Tuesday, Sept. 3: Shawnee
• Saturday, Sept. 7: 11 a.m. --Century vs. Pope Co; 1 p.m. --Pope County vs. Risco; and 3 p.m. -- Century vs. Risco
• Tuesday, Sept. 17: Cobden
• Saturday, Sept. 21: Century Invitational Tourney 11 a.m. --Century vs. Meridian; 1 p.m. -- Meridian vs. Shawnee; and 3 p.m. -- Century vs. Shawnee
• Thursday, Sept. 26: Agape
• Tuesday, Oct. 1: Meridian
• Monday, Oct. 7: Egyptian
Please come out and enjoy good ball playing and support the Centurians.
A married couple in their 60s are visited by a fairy who grants them both one wish each.
"I want to travel around the world with my darling husband," says the wife. Two tickets for a luxury cruise magically appear in her hand.
Husband says, "Sorry but my wish is to have a wife 30 years younger than me!" Fairy waves wand and husband becomes 92. Moral of story -- Men who are ungrateful should remember fairies are female.
I hope you have a good week.