Petitions began circulating Tuesday for Massac County’s spring 2021 election.
Offices on next year’s ballot are:
• Massac Unit 1 school board: Four seats are up for election.
• Joppa-Maple Grove school board.
• City of Metropolis: Along with the office of mayor, four city council positions and the office of city clerk are up for election.
• City of Brookport: The offices of mayor, clerk and three aldermen are up for election.
• Village of Joppa: The president and trustees will be decided.
Also on the ballot will be members of Community College District 431 and trustees for the Regional Board of School.
Those interested in running for any of these positions still have time to pick up the necessary paperwork.
Petition packets for the City of Metropolis, City of Brookport and Village of Joppa are available at the city clerk’s office located in each respective city hall.
Petitions should be returned to these offices.
All other petitions are available at the Massac County Clerk’s office and should be returned there.
Dec. 14 is the first day to file petitions with Dec. 21 being the last.
The spring 2021 election will be held April 6, 2021.